On March 21, BWorking Coworking Spaces was buzzing with entrepreneurs, innovations and investors as LX Tech 2019 pitching event took place. A joint initiative of Bright Pixel, REDangels, EDP Innovation, Sonae IM and BWorking Coworking Spaces welcomed several start-ups to pitch their new business ideas, concepts and develop new possibilities.
LX Tech 2019 is a series of events to kick off the Pixels Camp – a yearly technology event, spanning over three days of non-stop technical talks, workshops, competitions, and coding. For 60 hours straight, around 1000 participants can enjoy world-class presentations, demos, community events, and its classic 48-hour coding competition.
A day of great networking began with informal talks about entrepreneurship, investment and start-up ecosystem in Portugal and all around the world. Among the participants there were six start-ups that enjoyed the opportunity to present their ideas to the investors:
- Alfred – a Brazil based delivery platform for consumers to access local goods within one hour. User friendly app is looking to expand internationally.
- Himarket – a customized communication platform to integrate customers with the brand. The platform provides custom tailored valuable information about the customers such as their buying habits.
- QSmash – the app allows shoppers to complete end-to-end shopping journey without waiting in long queues with just a few clicks and provides the retailers with valuable big data and analytics.
- beePay – a digital wallet that gives you a world of benefits. The beePay allows going cashless at more than 1,000 restaurants in Singapore and offers personalised payments and other features.
- Jobecam – an interactive platform that connects companies to candidates through video recruitment. The platform revolutionizes the recruitment and selection process by making it more agile, cheap, assertive and fair, through advanced video technology and artificial intelligence.
- Loud – a TTS (Text-To-Speech) voice application that allows transforming texts into spoken voice. TTS makes possible to interact with user in a spoken way, so it’s more natural and provides more flexibility in audio generation.
This event marks the start of monthly pitching days at BWorking Coworking Spaces to help accelerate the start-up ecosystem in Lisbon.